Study Room ReservationsReserve rooms for Cabell Library or Health Sciences Library online. Rooms are available to VCU students, faculty and staff. Reserve a room
Library room guidelines
How to get a study room
- Reserve rooms for Cabell Library or Health Sciences Library online.
- Rooms are available to VCU students, faculty and staff.
- Rooms may be reserved for 30, 60, 90 or 120 minutes at a time, five times per week.
- Weekly reservation limits reset at 12am every Sunday.
- Rooms may be reserved up to two weeks in advance.
- Reservations are strongly recommended, but if a room is empty, your group may use it on a first-come, first-served basis.
- If your group does not claim the room within 15 minutes of a scheduled reservation start time, the room will automatically be open to others.
- Rooms are not locked and are available whenever the library is open.
- Rooms are monitored by library staff and security guards, who are available to answer questions and to assist you.
Who can use the study room
- At least one group member must be a VCU student, faculty or staff member.
- Individuals seeking a quiet space are encouraged to use either the Quiet Floor at Cabell (Cabell, third floor), Silent Study (Cabell, fourth floor) or the Quiet Floor at Health Sciences Library (Health Sciences, second floor).
Proper use of study room
- Use of a study room implies consent to follow the policies and rules of VCU Libraries, including Use of Library Facilities.
- No smoking is permitted.
- Food and drink are permitted, but please be` courteous to others and recycle or dispose of any trash before you leave.
- Please report any heating or cooling issues to the Service Desk staff. Do not adjust thermostats in the rooms.
- As a courtesy to others, please keep noise to a minimum. Study rooms are not soundproof, and occupants are still expected to follow quiet floor guidelines.
- When leaving the room take all personal belongings; VCU Libraries is not liable for the theft or loss of any personal items.
- If you find the room damaged or littered with trash, please report the problem to the Service Desk staff.
- Please vacate study rooms 10 minutes before building closing.
- Please turn off lights and leave the door open when leaving the room so others will know the room is available for use.
VCU Libraries staff reserve the right to enter all study rooms as needed.