- Home /
- Research & Teaching Support /
- VCU Publishing
Latest service and space updates: VCU Libraries COVID-19 response
Based in the VCU Libraries, VCU Publishing amplifies VCU scholarly and research findings, and provides publishing opportunities and experiences for VCU students and faculty. VCU Publishing includes a portfolio of platforms and publishing services, and seeks partnerships within VCU and the Greater Richmond community to broaden that portfolio in ways that advance research, creative expression, and learning at VCU and for the region.
Call for contributions: "Imagining Black Futures in Richmond"
VCU Publishing is seeking contributions for a curated open access online multidisciplinary anthology, tentatively titled "Imagining Black Futures in Richmond," that imagines and explores futures for Richmond, Virginia through an Afrofuturist lens.
The deadline for entries is July 1, 2021. Please read the full project description for more about the project and submission guidelines: Call for contributions: Imagining Black Futures in Richmond
Help with Scholarly Publishing
- Make more confident decisions about copyright and fair use and understand and retain your rights as an author
- Use open licenses to share your work
- Evaluate traditional and open access publishing opportunities
- Avoid publishing scams
- Scholars Compass, a publishing platform for VCU’s academic, research, and administrative communities
VCU Libraries publishes a number of influential peer-reviewed journals that have editorial board connections to the university. In addition, we offer publishing services to journal partners at VCU including digitization of back issues, DOI assignment, digital preservation, and dissemination.
- International Journal of Lifelong Learning in Art Education ISSN 2641-7464
- Journal of Hip Hop Studies ISSN 2331-5563
- Journal of Mathematics and Science: Collaborative Explorations ISSN 2642-1925
- Journal of Prison Education and Reentry ISSN 2387-2306
- Journal of Social Theory in Art Education ISSN 1057-0292
VCU Libraries book publishing includes digital reprints and original scholarship. VCU Publishing especially wants to hear from faculty who are eager to share their long-form scholarship or open educational resources. Book publishing services include ISBN/DOI assignment, author rights and rights reversion, digital preservation, editorial services, book chapter reprints, multiple formats and dissemination.
- The Politics of Annexation
- Someone's Missing...and I Think It's Me
- Anderson Gallery Art Exhibition Catalogs Digital Reprints
- British Virginia
- Rubin Peacock: 50 Years of Bronze Sculpture
- VCU University History Books
VCU Libraries' publishing capabilities include web-based projects developed in partnership with scholars and other subject matter experts, alongside preservation of underlying datasets in our repository. See also VCU Libraries Technology and Computing capabilities for access to tools and training for creating digital scholarship.
- Ancarrow Wildflower Digital Archive
- Mapping the Second Ku Klux Klan, 1915-1940
- Social Welfare History Project
- James Branch Cabell: Literary Life and Legacy
- VCU Libraries Gallery - Online Exhibits
- Digital collections
VCU Scholars Compass is a publishing platform for the intellectual output of VCU’s academic, research and administrative communities. Its goal is to provide wide and stable access to the exemplary work of VCU’s faculty, researchers, students and staff.
Scholars Compass hosts content that is produced, submitted or sponsored by VCU faculty, researchers or staff, and demonstrates scholarly, educational or research value. Presentations at professional conferences and publications in scholarly venues from graduate and professional students are encouraged. Other content produced or submitted by VCU students must be sponsored by VCU faculty, researchers, or staff.
Content housed in VCU Scholars Compass can include but is not limited to:
- published or unpublished faculty research, presentations, technical reports and working papers;
- open educational resources, instructional material and courseware
- conference papers and proceedings;
- administrative and policy documents;
- theses and dissertations;
- data sets;
To learn more about publishing with VCU Libraries, contact at firstname.lastname@example.org