- Home /
- Research & Teaching Support /
- Collections overview
Adhering to the mission and values of Virginia Commonwealth University and VCU Libraries, the purpose of collection management is to develop exemplary collections that support the University's academic programs, research agenda, health care and outreach efforts, and the overall direction of the future of VCU in its local and global presence. University faculty depend upon VCU Libraries to provide resources that enliven the learning experience. In turn, students rely on VCU Libraries for materials including media and technologies that allow for the creation of new knowledge. We are committed to building a collection that allows researchers at all levels across the VCU community to engage with information in the most creative ways possible.
Sustaining our journal collections
We are assembling, evaluating, and sharing some important information about journal package cost, usage, and growth trends. This will help us assess whether large journal packages, often called “Big Deals”, provide good value and represent a sustainable part of our overall investment in information on behalf of the University. More about sustainable investments and open access support.
Collection librarian contacts
- Karen Cary, Head of Collection Analysis and Investment and Social and Behavioral Sciences Collections Librarian
- Karen Gau, Health Sciences Collections Librarian
- Emily Winthrop, Arts Collections Librarian
- Kevin Farley, Humanities Collections Librarian
- Ibironke Lawal, Engineering and Science Collections Librarian
- Patricia Sobczak, Business and Public Affairs Collections Librarian
Suggest a purchase
If you have a reccomendation for the VCU Libraries collections, please fill out our form to suggest a purchase. Please review our collection guidelines and check VCU Libraries Search to verify that the item is not already in our collections.
Medici TV EDU: A rare and extensive selection of concerts, operas, ballets, documentaries and master classes. Exclusive events streamed live, available afterwards on replay.
- Please let us know what you think of this resource using this feedback form.
Questions about our collections?
If you have further questions or need more information, please contact Karen Cary, Head of Collection Analysis and Investment at email@example.comEmail Head of Collection Analysis and Investment