The Workshop provides hardware, software, spaces, and expertise to help the VCU community produce creative work of all kinds. Practically, that means concentrating in three main areas: graphics, audio and video projects; the world of hands-on making; and exploring new and emerging technologies.
- The Workshop is now open for in-person equipment lending and use (by reservation) of multimedia workstations. Hours »
- The makerspace room and the video, audio and gaming studios are closed through the Fall semester, but some of their resources are still available as indicated below.
- Staff are here to help and are available for project consultation, instructional planning, and other assistance:
- Request circulating equipment through Front Door Pickup Service or visit The Workshop for immediate equipment checkout.
- Submit files for our 3D printing and laser cutting/engraving service provided by Libraries staff.
- Ask questions about using multimedia software and creative equipment.
- Contact The Workshop email@example.com or 804-827-3594) with any other questions you may have.
- Due to the nature of the pandemic, all plans are subject to change as things progress. Check this page often for the latest details.