- Home /
- Research & Teaching Support
Research & Teaching Support
Librarians offer personalized consultation services to support the research needs of faculty, students and staff.
- Explore our offering of researcher support services
- Find and submit dissertations and theses
- Explore our research guides
- Find upcoming classes, tours and workshops
- Connect with library subject specialists
- Contribute to the undergraduate research repository
- Up your game with tools and apps for research and citation management, including Google Scholar, mobile-friendly tools, tutorials, and browser add-ons.
Bring an information expert into your classroom to teach about information and research. Librarians will provide course-related research instruction for both undergraduate and graduate classes. Librarians will design specialized classes for you, in a library classroom, in your classroom or online. Request an instructional session or contact your Library Liaison at least two weeks' in advance to set up a session. More Services for Faculty »
VCU Libraries offers a variety of platforms and services to help you publish and publicize your scholarly work. The VCU Libraries' publishing portfolio includes peer-reviewed journals, books and book chapters, and web-based digital scholarship projects.
VCU Libraries' is committed to developing exemplary collections that support the University's academic programs, research agenda, health care and outreach efforts, and the overall direction of the future of VCU in its local and global presence. Learn more about VCU Libraries collections guidelines including our efforts to create sustainable journal collections.
VCU Libraries offers an array of digital collections and online exhibits to enhance access to our rich collections, foster deeper connections with our community, and showcase original scholarship
- Digital Collections present images, audio and documents relating to African-American history in Virginia, Richmond's past and present, comic and cartooning arts, the history of VCU, medical artifacts and more.
- VCU Scholars Compass houses the intellectual output of VCU’s academic, research, and administrative communities
- Community digitization program - VCU Libraries seeks community partners interested in digitizing and exposing their special collections, archival records, photographs, publications, and other documents.
- More digital collections and online exhibits.
Special Collections and Archives
Explore VCU Libraries' collection of rare, unique and historical materials.
Open and Affordable Course Content
VCU Libraries' Open and Affordable Course Content Initiative supports instructors as they work to transition their courses to zero textbook cost courses, using either open educational resources or library content. Learn more about our open and affordable course content support.