- Home /
- Research & Teaching Support /
- Open and Affordable Course Content
VCU Libraries' Open and Affordable Course Content Initiative supports instructors as they work to transition their courses to zero textbook cost courses, using either open educational resources or library content.
VCU Libraries understands the importance of selecting the right course materials. Not only do zero textbook cost courses eliminate the cost burden for students, but they have been shown to improve student success while increasing instructor flexibility, including the ability to customize resources.
Read more about the initiative's impact:
For questions, help, or more information, reach out to the Open and Affordable Course Content Initiative staffEmail
- Faculty: Apply by November 7 for state grants to support the adoption of open, free course materials
September 21, 2023 — A new round of VIVA Open Adopt Grants is open for applications.
- New Course Content Awards support free textbooks for five VCU courses
August 11, 2023 — Funding awarded to VCU faculty to develop open materials that save students money.
- VCU Libraries seeks feedback on upcoming journal cancellations by Aug. 4
April 24, 2023 — Review list of proposed journal cancellations and give feedback