- Home /
- Research & Teaching Support /
- Open and Affordable Course Content
VCU Libraries' Open and Affordable Course Content Initiative supports instructors as they work to transition their courses to zero textbook cost courses, using either open educational resources or library content.
VCU Libraries understand the importance of selecting the right course materials. Not only do zero textbook cost courses eliminate the cost burden for students, but they have been shown to improve student success while increasing instructor flexibility, including the ability to customize resources.
For questions, help, or information about open educational resources, please contact Jessica Kirschner, the Open Educational Resources Librarian.Email Open Educational Resources Librarian
- ClinicalKey Cancellation: Ebook access ends Oct. 20
October 8, 2020 — Prepare for loss of health sciences resource.
- VCU Faculty awarded state grant supporting the creation of no-cost course materials
September 14, 2020 — VIVA grants to fund two open text projects for VCU.
- Faculty: Apply for a 2020 Affordable Course Content Award by September 15
May 11, 2020 — Applications for 2020 round of Affordable Course Content Awards deadlines Sept. 15