- Home /
- Research & Teaching Support /
- Open and Affordable Course Content
Latest service and space updates: VCU Libraries COVID-19 response
VCU Libraries' Open and Affordable Course Content Initiative supports instructors as they work to transition their courses to zero textbook cost courses, using either open educational resources or library content.
VCU Libraries understands the importance of selecting the right course materials. Not only do zero textbook cost courses eliminate the cost burden for students, but they have been shown to improve student success while increasing instructor flexibility, including the ability to customize resources.
Read more about the initiative's impact:
For questions, help, or information about open educational resources, please contact Jessica Kirschner, the Open Educational Resources Librarian.Email Open Educational Resources Librarian
- Eight diverse projects awarded Affordable Course Content Awards
July 28, 2021 — New projects announced.
- VCU Libraries receives project funding from VCU’s Presidential Research Quest Fund
July 22, 2021 — VCU Libraries receives first-time Quest support.
- 3 VCU projects awarded state grant supporting the creation of no-cost course materials
July 1, 2021 — VCU fares well in latest round of open-access grants from VIVA.