- Home /
- Research & Teaching Support /
- Open and Affordable Course Content
VCU Libraries' Open and Affordable Course Content Initiative supports instructors as they work to transition their courses to zero textbook cost courses, using either open educational resources or library content.
VCU Libraries understands the importance of selecting the right course materials. Not only do zero textbook cost courses eliminate the cost burden for students, but they have been shown to improve student success while increasing instructor flexibility, including the ability to customize resources.
in student savings
Read more about the initiative's impact:
For questions, help, or more information, reach out to the Open and Affordable Course Content Initiative staffEmail
- High textbook costs hurt VCU students more than those at other doctoral universities
February 6, 2023 — Survey reveals much about the need for affordable course content
- VCU Libraries publishes open ebook on health sciences collection development in libraries
February 6, 2023 — VCU librarians edit and publish book on collections management
- Head of Digital Libraries and Publishing appointed
January 19, 2023 — Librarian comes from Portland State University and starts March 10.