User Experience Program VCU Libraries seeks feedback on new website feature
Library Services Cabell open more hours at semester's end
- Cabell Library's first-floor stacks to be closed to browsers this summer
May 10, 2021 — Plan ahead: First-floor stacks at Cabell will close for summer.
- Irene Herold named dean of VCU Libraries and university librarian; assumes role Aug. 1
May 3, 2021 — New dean brings 30 years leadership experience to VCU Libraries.
- VCU Libraries' Gregory Kimbrell to lead VCU Staff Senate for 2021 term
May 2, 2021 — VCU Libraries staffer and alumnus elected Staff Senate President.
- Faculty: Apply for a 2021 Affordable Course Content Award by May 20
April 20, 2021 — Awards enable faculty to create free materials for teaching.
- Cabell open more hours at semester's end April 25-May 13
April 9, 2021 — End-of-semester hours and services
- VCU Libraries seeks feedback on new website feature
April 8, 2021 — Students, staff and faculty needed for user-experience focus groups.
- VCU librarian contributes expertise to free Southeast Health Literacy Conference April 14-16
April 7, 2021 — Health and Wellness Librarian Dana L. Ladd helps with inaugural conference on health literacy and equity.
- Winning design captures connections to VCU Libraries during the pandemic
April 5, 2021 — Alumna wins 2021 VCU Libraries design prize.
- 2021 VCU Cabell First Novelist Award Long List Announced
April 5, 2021 — The VCU Cabell First Novelist Award Committee has just unveiled the short list of the 20 top books submitted for this year's contest.
- VCU Libraries employees honored for years of service
March 30, 2021 — Honorees for 2020 noted.
- Food for Fines project helps food-insecure students and those with library fines
March 30, 2021 — Food for Fines now a year-round project.
- VCU Publishing seeking contributions to ‘Imagining Black Futures in Richmond’
March 17, 2021 — VCU Publishing — is seeking contributions for “Imagining Black Futures in Richmond,” a curated open access anthology that will imagine and explore futures for Richmond through an Afrofuturist lens.
- Library experts explore interdisciplinary graphic medicine at VCU Libraries
March 16, 2021 — Research and Education Librarian Talicia Tarver and Library Specialist for Comic Arts Cindy Jackson discuss graphic medicine in a video recording and Q&A.
- Coming back to campus? Be prepared for changes in libraries
March 3, 2021 — Be prepare for changes in libraries operations for in-person return to campus.
- VCU Libraries celebrates Open Education Week March 1-5
February 25, 2021 — VCU Libraries celebrates Open Education Week, a global event to share and learn about the latest achievements in Open Education worldwide.
- Students: Apply by May 1 for Friends of VCU Libraries scholarship
February 23, 2021 — Inaugural Friends scholarship open for applications.
- Deadline March 28: Annual design contest offers $500 prize to student or recent alumni
February 22, 2021 — The Friends resprise annual design contest.
- Art goes virtual at annual Black Lives Matter show
February 16, 2021 — The Black Lives Matter RVA Art Show features works from dozens of artists that highlight inclusivity and racial justice.
- Spring semester update: Expanded digital content and changes to VCU Libraries in-building services and hours
January 22, 2021 — Be aware of changes at VCU Libraries for spring 2021.
- Affordable course content awards: Four new faculty projects underway
January 11, 2021 — Four new projects selected for financial awards that support creation of open, affordable materials.
- Author of ‘Franchise: The Golden Arches in Black America’ to deliver VCU Libraries’ 2021 Black History Month Lecture
January 11, 2021 — Marcia Chatelain, Ph.D., a professor of history and African American studies at Georgetown University and author of the new book, “Franchise: The Golden Arches in Black America,” will deliver VCU Libraries’ 20th annual Black History Lecture.
- Health Sciences Library hours will change Jan. 11
January 7, 2021 — Due to lower building traffic, operating hours at the Health Sciences Library will be adjusted effective Monday, Jan. 11.
- List of enewsletters 2021
January 1, 2021 — Monthly newsletter round-up
- Physics postdoc Sean Koebley receives Spring 2021 VCU Science Communication Award
May 6, 2021 — Award honors excellence in communicating about science.