Friends of VCU Libraries
The Friends of VCU Libraries is a circle of annual donors who make and foster gifts to support VCU Libraries' James Branch Cabell Library and Tompkins-McCaw Library for the Health Sciences. The Friends serve as a community gateway to VCU by sponsoring some of the most popular and respected public programs and events in Central Virginia. Engagement with the Friends offers opportunities for donors to:
- Take an active role in VCU’s future while giving back to others
- Promote the success of students, faculty and staff
- Enrich the cultural vitality of the entire Central Virginia community
- Stay up-to-date on research, innovation and advancements at VCU
- Explore new ideas, debate and learn through engaging public programs and events
- Connect with the metro literary scene at readings, book signings and more
- Keep informed with our monthly e-newsletter, Library News Center and Library Stories blog
Friends of VCU Libraries annual leadership levels
Join a community of alumni, students, faculty, staff and others who know that while no one graduates from a library, no one graduates without one. Your annual gift may be made at any of the following annual leadership levels:
$1–$99 — Supporters*
- $100–$249 — Friends
- $250–$499 — Sponsors
- $500–above— Leadership Circle
Any gift to the Friends of VCU Libraries is an unrestricted annual gift, tax deductible as allowed by law.
*Only donors making gifts at the $100 "Friends" level or above are eligible to receive library borrowing privileges for personal use, special invitations to Friends-sponsored events and admission to the preview sale at the Annual Friends of VCU Libraries Book Sale.
Join the Friends of VCU Libraries by making a gift online.
Give by mail
Mail a completed Friends of VCU Libraries form with a personal check or credit-card payment, made payable to "VCU Foundation" with "Friends of VCU Libraries" in the memo line, to:
Friends of VCU Libraries
Richmond, VA 23284-2033
Please note it takes approximately two weeks for library borrowing privileges and other donor benefits to become available for a new Friend's use. Friends will be notified by the VCU Libraries Development Office when their gifts have been processed and donor benefits are available. Friends making use of VCU Libraries resources are expected to familiarize themselves with VCU Libraries policies. Donor benefits are privileges and not rights and may be revoked at any time. VCU Libraries and the Friends of VCU Libraries Board may elect not to accept a gift from any individual or organization at any time.