Development Office announces new fundraising initiatives for 2020-21October 19, 2020
For the 2020-21 academic year, VCU Libraries’ Development Office announces a group of new fundraising priorities. These goals were set in an open process: All libraries staff was invited to submit proposals, which were later reviewed and selected by the libraries’ leadership.
“This effort to identify specific projects is the next step in the evolution of VCU Libraries fundraising,” says Director of Development and Major Gifts Kelly Gotschalk. “Many donors have specific ideas and priorities about how to direct their gifts--to students, faculty or collections. These opportunities provide new options that are clearly aligned with VCU Libraries' needs.”
New initiatives for FY21
- Endowment for Librarian Research and Scholarship will support research to improve the patron experience. Funding can support participants in research projects or the services of a statistician or other consultants.
- October Health Literacy Month Lecture needs underwriting for an annual speaker to build health literacy, an increasingly important concern, in the Central Virginia area.
- Sponsorship of User Experience for Web and Service Improvements for VCU Libraries will provide funds for student interns who will gain resume-building experience in website management and design
- Makerspace Materials and Machines Endowment will assist in covering the cost of expendable materials in The Workshop, such as 3D filament, filters and more. These machines and materials are available at no charge to members of the VCU community.
- Project Fund for Special Collections and Archives will provide funds to be directed at specific, current projects that have high research value to the community.
Ongoing goals are: to raise more funds for the Friends of VCU Libraries Scholarship (goal of $200,000); increase unrestricted (annual fund) giving to the Friends; and to continue to grow the Endowment for Special Collections and Archives.
Donors with interests in any of these initiatives are invited to contact the Development Office for more information.< Previous | Next >