Multimedia equipment available for loans starting Aug. 17; spaces open on a limited basis Sept. 8August 17, 2020 Photo taken by Caslin Applewhite
The Workshop in Cabell Library on the Monroe Park Campus and The Makerspace in Tompkins-McCaw Library for the Health Sciences on the MCV Campus will loan multimedia equipment beginning Aug. 17 and will open multimedia workspaces for limited access Sept. 8.
Multimedia equipment will be available for checkout using the Front Door Pickup service starting Monday, Aug. 17. Members of the VCU community who want equipment should contact the multimedia services staff at either library. Loans will be for seven days with no renewals and equipment will be quarantined for five days before circulating again.
Staff are offering remote consultations on multimedia projects and remote planning and curricular support for faculty preparing for the fall semester. Class instruction, delivered remotely, is available as well.
Beginning Tuesday, Sept. 8, the multimedia workspaces housed at both libraries will open for limited in-person service. Users can checkout multimedia equipment from The Workshop at Cabell and from the service desk at Tompkins-McCaw Library or continue to use Front Door Pickup service.
- A limited number of powerful multimedia workstations in The Workshop and in Tompkins-McCaw can be reserved for in-person use. VCU Libraries continues to explore how to provide remote access to some of these computers.
- In Cabell, the audio and video studios, the gaming/VR studio, and the makerspace will be closed for the fall semester. At Tompkins-McCaw, access to The Makerspace will also be limited. The audio and video studios will remain closed.
- Mobile kits for advanced audio and video production will be available.
- 3D printing, laser cutting/engraving and other services will be available as a staff-mediated service. Contact The Workshop at email@example.com and the staff of TML at firstname.lastname@example.org and staff will work with you on your project.
- Online workshops and other departmental events will start in September.
- Online consultations will remain available throughout the fall semester.
Please contact The Workshop at Cabell at email@example.com or (804) 827-3594 and The Makerspace at Tompkins-McCaw Library at firstname.lastname@example.org or (804) 828-0636. Questions regarding hours and services? Refer to the Library Hours page for up-to-date information.
< Previous | Next >