Library needs health sciences grad students as library advisorsJune 29, 2016
Applications accepted: July - August Apply Now
Tompkins-McCaw Library for the Health Sciences is now accepting applications from graduate students for 2016-17 seats on its Graduate Advisory Committee.
This committee is an open and effective communication channel between the health sciences students and their library. Tompkins-McCaw is the MCV Campus library and serves VCU Health and the schools of medicine, pharmacy, dentistry, nursing and allied health.
A vital voice, the committee brings forward issues of concern or interest to discuss with decision-makers at VCU Libraries. Topics of discussion include services and programs, policies and vision of the library. The committee advises library leaders about resources and services that matter to health sciences students. At meetings, speakers brief committee members on the latest information about resources and services and answer questions.
What is required of members?
Membership is selective. The committee is made up of 10 people, two representatives from each of the five health sciences schools. Only graduate or professional students in the health sciences are invited to serve, September-April. Attendance at monthly lunchtime meetings is required. (Lunch is provided.)
Why consider joining the committee?
- Make a difference by representing your school’s viewpoint.
- Gain experience serving on a volunteer board.
- Be the first to know about plans related to VCU Libraries.
- Network with peers from other health sciences schools.
- Enjoy special invitations to art openings, lectures, receptions and more.
- Qualify for “preview” admission to the annual book sale.
- Receive informative e-newsletters about library resources.
- $100 service award for attending all meetings.
Applications accepted: July - August Apply Now< Previous | Next >