Friends of VCU Libraries invites students and recent alumni to submit artwork for $500 prizeMarch 1, 2019
The Friends of the VCU Libraries invites students and alumni of the previous five years (2014 - 2018) to submit their own designs for a tee shirt.
The design prompt is: What is your interpretation of the VCU Libraries?
Judging criteria will include:
- Creative execution
- Interpretation of the VCU Libraries
- Effectiveness for tee shirt design
Form for submissions
The contest is open to all students--full- or part-time, undergraduate or graduate-level and recent alumni. The judging committee will include representatives from the Friends of the VCU Libraries Board, VCU Libraries faculty and VCU School of the Arts faculty.
The creator of the best work will receive a $500 prize. The artwork will be printed on a tee shirt that will be sold to raise funds for VCU Libraries. The art may also be used for other VCU Libraries materials such as thank-you cards, tote bags and in a Cabell Screen exhibit. The artist retains copyright.
- Deadline for submissions: No later than Monday, April 1 at midnight
- Judging will take place: Tuesday, April 2
- The winner will be announced: Wednesday, April 3
- Tee shirts will be sold via an online campaign at the end of April. Later, tee shirts will be printed and fulfilled by Bonfire
Technical parameters (more information about printing available from Bonfire)
- Printable area: 11" wide x 14" tall
- Cannot print gradients or shading, flat colors only, no photos
- 3 color maximum
- We print in Pantone Coated colors, if there are specific Pantone colors you want to use in your design, please include those Pantone numbers
- Vector files are the best file format for print: AI, EPS, editable PDFs
- If the design is created in Photoshop, please send a layered and editable PSD file
- The smallest font we can print is 12-point
- The smallest line/stroke we can print is 1pt
- The winning image will be printed on the following tee shirt styles: premium unisex tee, women’s slim fit tee, and v-neck unisex tee.
- Designer to choose shirt color from the following selections: Dark heather grey, Black, Charcoal, Midnight navy, Turquoise, Purple rush, Red, Orange, Espresso, White
< Previous | Next >