- Home /
- Research & Teaching Support /
- Collections overview /
- Partnerships and consortia
Latest service and space updates: VCU Libraries COVID-19 response
Partnerships and consortia
Local and national partnerships augment VCU Libraries' collection and expand the research universe for faculty and students. Consortia, common in the academic library world, provide access either to cost-effective cooperative purchases of licensed resources or to expedited resource-sharing.
- As a member of the Richmond Academic Library Consortium (RALC), VCU Libraries shares resources with other Central Virginia academic libraries through a borrowing pass service, materials loans and a shuttle service.
- The Virtual Library of Virginia (VIVA) offers online resources in every field of learning and a Cooperative Borrowing Program.
- Through Interlibrary Loan and Item retrieval and delivery services, VCU Libraries secures materials from other institutions and delivers them digitally, by mail or for pickup.
- Association of Southeastern Research Libraries (ASERL)
- Network of the National Library of Medicine
- OCLC Reciprocal Faculty Borrowing Program
- Richmond Academic Library Consortium (RALC)
- RapidILL ASERL Pod
- Virtual Library of Virginia (VIVA) and VIVA Cooperative Borrowing Program
- Washington Research Library Consortium (WRLC)
- Coalition for Networked Information (CNI)
- Scholarly Publishing and Academic Resources Coalition (SPARC)
- National Digital Stewardship Alliance
- Controlled LOCKSS (CLOCKSS)