- Home /
- Research & Teaching Support /
- VCU Publishing /
- Copyright and fair use
VCU Libraries is online while buildings are closed. VCU Libraries COVID-19 response
Copyright and fair use
VCU Libraries is committed to educating the VCU community about copyright, fair use, intellectual property, and related issues affecting teaching, research and scholarship. These resources can help guide you in the responsible use of copyrighted works and encourage you to exercise your fair use rights.
Disclaimer: this website presents information about copyright law. VCU Libraries makes every effort to assure the accuracy of this information, but does not offer it as counsel or legal advice.
Questions or feedback? Contact Hillary Miller, Scholarly Communications Outreach Librarian.
- Copyright for faculty: focuses on teaching and publishing
- Copyright for graduate students: focuses on theses and dissertations
- Copyright for undergraduates: focuses on copyright and class assignments
- Copyright for creators: focuses on copyright for artists, creators, makers, and art scholars