- Home /
- Spaces & Technology /
- Health Sciences Library /
- Computer Classroom
Health Sciences Library event spaces are unavailable for public functions during Spring 2021. Some spaces may be usable for internal functions and meetings. For up-to-date details, please email askHSL@vcu.edu.
The Health Sciences Library Computer Classroom (room 2-006) is equipped with 24 computers and one instructor computer.
The Computer Classroom is available for scheduling by faculty and staff up to 90 days in advance. The room can be booked Monday through Thursday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., and Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Health Sciences Library events take precedence over non-library events. Once your request has been accepted, you can pick up the room key at the Library Service Desk upon your arrival.
No food is permitted in the Computer Classroom. Beverages are permitted in covered containers.
- 25 Computers with 24" flat panel monitors (1 instructor, 24 students)
- Windows 7 Professional Operating System
- Instructor podium includes PC with DVD drive, USB inputs, network connections and Internet access, two touchscreen monitors and built-in microphone
- Video, audio and data inputs at instructor podium allow connection with auxiliary devices (laptops, etc)
- Crestron touchpanel for control of displays, audio, and camera
- Document Camera
- Podium facing video camera
- Wireless lavalier microphone available upon request at the Service Desk.
- 24 PC Computers with 24" flat panel monitors arranged in 4 stations (6 computers at each station)
- All computers feature Windows 7 Professional Operating System
- Two mounted 60" LCD Displays at front of room and 1 36” display at each of the 4 stations
- Ceiling microphones for audience participation in teleconferencing
- Zoom Videoconferencing software
- HDMI cable with additional adapters available for checkout at the Service Desk for the following ports on your device: Thunderbolt, Apple 30-pin, DVI, VGA.
Special hardware and software
Special software and hardware requests must be approved by VCU Libraries prior to installation. A copy of the valid software license(s) for the computer(s) must be given to a VCU Libraries technician at least 21 business days in advance of your reservation date to allow adequate time for installation.
Test the software installation at least 7 business days before your session. VCU Libraries is not responsible for testing software prior to use.
A $200 fee will be billed if the software installation instructions are not provided within 21 business days or if a failure to test installed software within 7 business days of reservation results in a necessary software modification.
Temporary files may be stored in the My Documents folder. All temporary files will be deleted after the computer is shut down or restarted. Save files to an external storage device if you wish to retain the content.
All computer problems should be reported at the Service Desk from 8 a.m. to 5 pm. No technical support is available after 5 p.m. weekdays or on weekends and holidays. Contact the Health Sciences Library if you have problems or questions on room specific issues.