- Home /
- Spaces & Technology /
- Health Sciences Library /
- Lecture Room
Health Sciences Library event spaces are unavailable for public functions during Spring 2021. Some spaces may be usable for internal functions and meetings. For up-to-date details, please email askHSL@vcu.edu.
Equipped to operate both as a distance education facility and as a "smart classroom," Room 2-010 of the Health Sciences Library offers instructors a wide variety of media presentation devices powered by a centralized remote control system seating 35.
The Lecture Room is available for scheduling by faculty and staff up to 90 days in advance. The room can be booked Monday through Thursday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., and Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Health Sciences Library events take precedence over non-library events.
No food is permitted in the Lecture Room. Beverages are permitted in covered containers.
- PC with DVD drive, USB inputs, network connections and Internet access
- Instructor podium includes two touchscreen monitors and built-in microphone
- Dual video cameras with limited tracking capability
- Video, audio and data inputs at instructor podium allow connection with auxiliary devices (laptops, etc)
- Touchpanel for control of displays, lighting, audio, and camera
- Wireless lavalier microphone available upon request at the service desk.
- Two 80" LCD Displays (one is an interactive touchscreen/electronic whiteboard)
- One Dry Erase Board
- Ceiling microphones for audience participation in teleconferencing
- Zoom Videoconferencing software
- Adapters available for checkout at the desk for the following ports on your device: Thunderbolt, Apple 30-pin, DVI, VGA.
Special hardware and software
Special software and hardware requests must be approved by VCU Libraries prior to installation. A copy of the valid software license(s) for the computer(s) must be given to a VCU Libraries technician at least 21 business days in advance of your reservation date to allow adequate time for installation.
Test the software installation at least 7 business days before your session. VCU Libraries is not responsible for testing software prior to use.
A $200 fee will be billed if the software installation instructions are not provided within 21 business days or if a failure to test installed software within 7 business days of reservation results in a necessary software modification.
Temporary files may be stored in the My Documents folder. All temporary files will be deleted after the computer is shut down or restarted. Save files to an external storage device if you wish to retain the content.
All computer problems should be reported at the Service Desk from 8 a.m. to 5 pm. No technical support is available after 5 p.m. weekdays or on weekends and holidays. Contact the Health Sciences Library if you have problems or questions on room specific issues.