Partnerships and Consortia
Local and national partnerships augment VCU Libraries' collection and expand the research universe for faculty and students. Consortia, common in the academic library world, provide access either to cost-effective cooperative purchases of licensed resources or to expedited resource-sharing.
- As a member of the Richmond Academic Library Consortium (RALC), VCU Libraries shares resources with other Central Virginia academic libraries through a borrowing pass service and materials loans.
- The Virtual Library of Virginia (VIVA) offers a wealth of online resources in every field of learning and a Cooperative Borrowing Program.
- Through and , we secure materials from other institutions and deliver them digitally, by mail or for pickup.
- Center for Research Libraries (CRL)
- Virtual Library of Virginia (VIVA)
- Association of Research Libraries (ARL)
- Association of Southeastern Research Libraries (ASERL)
- Coalition for Networked Information (CNI)
- Scholarly Publishing and Aacdemic Resources Coalition (SPARC)
- Council on Library and Information Resources (CLIR)
- Virginia Libraries Association (VLA)
- Association of Academic Health Sciences Library Directors (AAHSL)
- Networked Digital Library of Theses and Dissertations (NDLTD)
- Library Publishing Coalition
- American Library Association (ALA)
- Digital Public Library of America (DPLA)
- VIVA - DataCite
- Richmond Academic Library Consortium (RALC)
- ASERL - Kudzu