- Home /
- About Us /
- Advisory Committees /
- Health Sciences Library Student Advisory Committee
Latest service and space updates: VCU Libraries COVID-19 response
Health Sciences Library Student Advisory Committee
The Health Sciences Library Student Advisory Committee (HSLSAC) promotes an open and effective communication channel between the health sciences graduate and professional students and the VCU Libraries. The students may raise library issues to communicate with the Advisor. The Advisor will also bring issues affecting the health science student population to the committee.
The HALSAC will advise the library in resources and services related to the health sciences student population. This will include but is not limited to:
- library programming
- library policy
- library vision and strategy
The Advisor will report to the Director of the Health Sciences Library any comments or suggestions made at the HSLSAC meetings.
- Each member will be a graduate or professional student in the health sciences.
- The committee will consist of 12 members; two representatives from each of the health sciences schools (Allied Health Professional, Dentistry, Medicine, Nursing, Pharmacy), plus one post-doctoral and one undergraduate representative.
- Members serve September-April.
- Members will be compensated with an honorarium of $100 for attending all meetings
- HSLSAC will meet every month at noon for one-hour lunch meetings.
- Attendance is required. If you are unable to attend a meeting, please contact the Advisor as soon as possible to schedule a make-up meeting.
- Meeting minutes will be posted on the HSLSAC Blog within one week after the meeting.
- Stephen Barkley, operations librarian, firstname.lastname@example.org