Borrowing from VCU Libraries
You can check out many types of materials from VCU Libraries for different amounts of time depending on your status at the university.
- Undergraduate student
- Undergraduate honors student
- Graduate student
- Faculty or staff
- Other registered borrowers
Log in to My Account to view your current due dates and renew materials.
- You’re responsible for everything you check out.
- VCU Cards may only be used to check items out to the cardholder.
- Faculty and staff can designate other people to check items out for them: Faculty & Staff Proxy Borrowers
- We might recall a book from you early if an instructor needs it for a class.
- If you return items late or with damage, there may be a fee.
- If something doesn’t look right with your library account, request an account review.
- Rules are different when borrowing items from other libraries through interlibrary loan.