Loan periods for graduate students, honors students, faculty and staff
Graduate students, undergraduate honors students, staff, faculty, emeritus faculty and retired faculty may use their VCUCard to borrow items from all VCU Libraries locations.
- Books: 6 months; renew up to an additional 30 months
- Reserve Materials: Loan periods vary from 2 hours to 7 days
- DVD, CD, LP: 7 days; renew up to an additional 7 days
- Journals in the library: non-circulating
- Journals in offsite storage: 7 days; no renewal
- Creative Technology in-library resources: 4 hours; renew as needed
- Creative Technology equipment: 7 days; no renewal; not available to OCLC reciprocal faculty partners
- Film booking service: Faculty and staff may request films to show in class or as part of educational or training program; loan periods varies by faculty/staff need
- Other Equipment: Loan periods vary from 4 hours to 7 days
- Items from other libraries: Determined by lending library
Faculty & Staff Proxy Borrowers:
VCU faculty and staff members may authorize up to five persons to borrow library materials in the faculty or staff member's name.
- Submission of this request indicates that you accept complete responsibility for materials borrowed in your name. VCU faculty and staff will be authenticated as current employees when they submit this form.
- Authorized borrowers will need some form of picture identification to borrow materials. Do not give them your VCU ID card.
- This authorization expires one year from the date of submission, unless otherwise indicated below.
- Should you wish to remove a name from the list, please notify VCU Libraries immediately via email (email@example.com) or in person. You will be responsible for any charges made until formal notification is received by VCU Libraries.